Wednesday 9 December 2009

Complete (week11-12)

Through this group work, I learned a lot of new knowledge. Model is mainly produced separately. The most important part in the model is the details. In these parts of the components we must grasp the link of every component. It is not easy for me. When I began to get the model I am not very clear how to make it. I found some tutorials from the Internet, while reading some books which is the production of mechanical models. Through my practice, I finished the model. In the production process, I met a lot of problems because I rarely making produced the mechanical model before. When I made the Carburetor model, I separated all the components, but there are some parts I do not know what methods should be used. At the same time it is easy to make the model more precise. So I decided to use another software, this software is a specially crafted mechanical models. “SolidWorks” is a specially crafted mechanical model of the software. At the beginning I used this software, but I found some problems which I need to draw components diagram. It is an important part. If the picture is not good, the production of spare components will be more difficult. So I gave up using this software.
Finally, I decided to use 3DS MAX software to do this model. I spent a lot of time, but I found that I can use the components which are completed before to make a new components. This is saved a lot of time. Through the production of Carburetor, I learned some new knowledge. When I made another model “Lawnmower”, I feel easier. At the same time, the production of methods is similar with Carburetor. When I finished the model, the modification is very important in this work. A good model is rely on modify rather than made out. So I spent a lot of time in this part. In general, the effect of the final model is still good.
When we do the animation, I have been listened the views of groups members carefully and seriously, look at how to do this animation. Because animation is not my strong point, so I have a lot of knowledge to consult our group members. When our group members do the animation, I always observed their methods and then research it after class. So I learned lots of technologies. This is the greatest benefit in this group work. Overall, this group work is great helpful to me. I have learned lots of new technology and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment