Sunday 6 December 2009

Create Lawnmower







To do the method of Lawnmower is similar Carburetor. First, I divided the Lawnmower I into several parts and separately to produce each a part, finally I assembled components together. At the beginning, when I got this picture of the Lawnmower, there is a lot of places that I can not understand how to do it. The photo is got from the Internet, so the picture is not very clear. I discussed the group members. Finally, I decided to start with the simplest place of the Lawnmower. As the experience of making Carburetor, it avoided many errors in the Carburetor model.
First I made the bottom of the components. Create a cone, set its parameters, and then converted to editable poly, select the vertexes and consistent with the photo to adjust the point position. Then I added a surface modification to change the model smooth. Finally, create a cone, so the bottom of the model was finished.


The production of wheels
when I made the wheels, I think my approach is relatively cumbersome, I have been looking for a good production methods, but it has not success. So I can only use this method. Despite spending a lot of time to complete these components, but the results was pretty good. First, create a Torus, and then converted to editable poly, select points, to modify. There is the more trouble in the editing process. The photograph of the wheel texture is not very clear, so I found a wheel picture from the Internet. According to photographs I made the model is becoming much easier. This method is required patience, it spent a lot of time to adjust the location of vertexes, but the result is very good. The method of connect the wheel’s components is similar with Carburetor. Create Cylinder and modify the model to reach the final effects.


Create Handrails
The model is mainly divided into several parts, first make a few basic models, and then adjust points to reach the final effects, finally make the model become smooth.




The final step is making some small components. When it finished the model, the modification is very important. In a separate production of the components, there are some parts are not match with the photo. It must be through the adjustment to be completed. First I added a Meshsmooth modifier to become smooth of the model. Then Observation, which areas is still not match with the photo. Then quit the Meshsmooth to adjust point position. Through repeated conditioning, the final match to meet the basic and photos. The same method, adjust the various parts of models. When I completed of model, I sent the model for my group members, finally we decided to put 2 stroke engine models on the Lawnmower, and then make another part of the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment